Even if you are the worst cook ever, you will be able to satisfy a crowd with this bird. Throw in some whole peeled spuds and serve it with a tossed salad for a dinner to impress!
- 1 x 1.5 free range chicken
- 1 lemon, zested and kept whole
- 3/4 cup fresh ricotta
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180. Wash chicken cavity out under kitchen tap and pat dry with paper towel.
- Place the ricotta in a bowl with the parmesan, chives and lemon zest and season with S&P and mix well.
- At the bottom opening of the chicken gently lift the skin away from the breast. Do the same on the drumsticks by making an incision and sticking your fingers through to lift the skin away. Take the ricotta mixture a tsp at a time and put it in between the skin and the flesh.Use your fingers to push it through from the outside.
- Once you have stuffed the chicken with the filling, salt the cavity,cut the lemon in half and put it in the cavity. Tie the two legs together with string. Rub oil and sea salt all over the skin and sit the chicken breast side down on a rack in a roasting pan. Add your desired vegetables and place in the oven.
- Roast chicken for 30 minutes, then take out of the oven and turn the chicken over to sit breast side up. Roast for a further 60 minutes. Allow the chicken to rest covered with foil for 10 minutes. Cut chicken into pieces. Remove the lemon from the cavity and squeeze the juices over the chicken pieces.