This dish is a perfect summer lunch or start to an evening meal.
- ½ kg prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 avocados, peeled and diced
- 1 red capsicum , de-seeded and cut into dice
- 1-2 tea spoons of red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- ½ tbsp sesame oil
- basil oil
- ½ bunch basil, leaves picked
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
Place the honey and sesame oil in a bowl and mix together. Add the peeled prawns and set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
To make the basil oil, add the leaves to a food processor, gradually add the oil and season to taste.
Add the avocado, capsicum and vinegar to a bowl and gently fold through to combine. Season with sea salt.
Heat a pan and add a little oil, cook the prawns until opaque.
To plate the dish, add a generous amount of the avocado and place the prawns around and on top, drizzle with the basil oil and serve.