Everyone loves pavlova, it’s a family classic. The mound of meringue can be very intimidating but it’s really so easy and you will most likely have most of the ingredients.
- 6 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 500ml thickened cream
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 figs, stem removed and sliced
- 1 cadbury flake
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Place a piece of baking paper on a tray and trace a 23cm circle on the paper from a cake tin.
- Place egg whites in a large mixing bowl and use electric mixers to mix. Mix until stiff peaks form then gradually start to add the sugar while continuing to mix. When the sugar has been combined, fold in the vanilla and vinegar.
- Dollop spoonfuls of the mixture in the circle on the baking paper. Creating a round shaped meringue. Reduce the heat to 150 degree’s, make a dent in the middle of the meringue with the back of a spoon and place in the oven for one hour. After an hour turn off the oven and allow the pavlova to cool in the oven for at least an hour.
- Place cream in a bowl with 1 tbsp of sugar and mix until thickened. Spoon onto a cooled pavlova and decorate with the chocolate and figs.