Mmmmmm creamy risotto, so good! My recipe is for a basic risotto, so you can add any vegetables you like.
- one white onion, chopped
- 1 ½ cups arborio rice
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1/2 bunch mint, leaves picked and sliced
- 1.5 l chicken stock, warm
- 20 g butter
- 4 tbsp parmesan, grated
- Heat a medium skillet and add some oil and saute the onion until soft then add the sliced zucchini. Add the arborio rice and stir to coat in oil and the onion. Start to add the stock,one ladle at a time and stirring to absorb into the rice. Add the peas just before the stock has finished, this process should take around 20 minutes.
- Check the rice to make sure it is not under done. If it has too much of a bite continue to add some more stock or boiling water. The consistency should be creamy and a little wet, not dry and lumpy. Finish with the butter, parmesan, fresh mint and season with S&P and serve immediately.
serves 4 as a main